Gili Air, Indonesia: White beaches, crystal clear waters and space to breath air.

A weekend between Bali and Lombok took me to Gili Air. The closest Gili island to Lombok, this island has a mixed vibe of eating, drinking and relaxing. It is quieter than its neighbour Gili Trawangan but has a little more to offer compared to Gili Meno in terms of amenities. Here is a picture post of the time I spent in the clear water paradise. 




I stayed for three nights in Bagadang hostel, which I must say is one of the best hostels that I have stayed in over the entire trip. There was a nice laid back atmosphere and the open plan living arrangements suited the weather and the island living, where I started each day with a tasty and colourful dragon fruit.

Across from the hostel a small restaurant offered very reasonably prised Nasi Gorang along with other rice and curry options.

In the evenings it was easy to find restaurants offering fresh grilled fish, including this white snapper. The quality of produce is hard to match due to the freshness.






The beaches and crystal clear waters are as near to perfection as you will find, the cleanest and most idealistic I have ever came across. 



Snorkelling around the islands was a personal highlight for me, where I was able to swim with sea turtles and schools of different fish freely. These islands are as near to perfection as you can possibly imagine.

Comments